SUMMER DIY BOREDOM BUSTERS
By Lauren Holcomb
Everybody knows that feeling of sitting at home by yourself on a summer day with nothing to do. Maybe you’ve even wished you were still in school because the boredom was killing you. Something fun to try instead of laying on the couch watching T.V. are D.I.Y.s! With cold treats, addictive molding sand, and fun soap bars to try, you’ll never be bored again!
SPRITE AND GUMMY POPSICLES
Materials: gummy bears, Sprite, popsicle molds, popsicle sticks
- Fill the mold about ¾ of the way full.
- Drop in a few gummy bears.
- Place a popsicle stick in the center, freeze until solid. Enjoy!
Materials: flour, baby oil
- Mix 8 cups of flour and 1 cup of baby oil.
- It will look like flour but mold like kinetic sand. Enjoy!
OCEAN GLITTER SOAP
Materials: toy ocean animals, clear glycerin soap, glitter, soap dye or blue mica powder, silicone mold, essential oil
- Cube 2 pounds of soap, melt in a 4 cup glass over a double boiler.
- Sprinkle glitter in the molds, and place the toys upside down.
- Stir in essential oil and dye; soap dye=3-5 drops, mica powder=¼ teaspoon, mix well, pour into molds on top of animals
- Let it harden for a few hours. Voila!