By: Jenna S., Jenna M., and Amelia C.
Is your fall season looking a bit dull? Brighten it up with some DIY’s!
FALL FROSTED PRETZELS
Materials: pretzel rods, frosting, sprinkles, bowl, cooking tray, wax paper
- Melt a bowl of frosting in the microwave for about 20-30 seconds or until it melts.
- Lay wax paper over a cooking tray.
- Dip the pretzel rods in the melted frosting. Let it drip on the wax paper and pour sprinkles over it.
- Lay the decorated pretzels on the wax paper.
- Wait approximately 2 hours for it to dry.
- Enjoy your tasty treat!
FALL MASON JAR
Materials: Mason Jar, Matte Paint, Fake Flowers, Paint Brush, Twine, Old Newspaper or Magazines (optional)
- Place your Mason jar on an old newspaper or anything that you are okay with getting paint on.
- Paint the Mason jar completely, use about three to four coats of paint.
- Let it dry for at least one hour (time varies depending on how much paint you used.)
- Tie the twine around the rim of the jar.
- Trim your flowers to fit into the jar.
- Arrange your flowers.
- Sit back and admire your work.
Have you ever made a jack o’lantern? Well here is a better one. You will need a pan, crayon, a pot, wax, a pumpkin, straw, a roll of wick, and essential oil for smell.
Step 1: Boil water in the pan
Step 2: Put the pot inside the water on the stove with the wax inside.
Step 3: While the wax is melting, cut out the top of the pumpkin and take out all the guts and seeds.
Step 4: Cut a wick a bit longer than the depth of the pumpkin, tie it to the straw and put the straw across the top of the pumpkin where the wick is centered.
Step 5: Put in the crayon color you want in with the wax. Remember two things: the more crayon you put into the wax, the darker color you get and when it is melted it is darker than when it dries.
Step 6: Pour the wax into the gutted pumpkin and then put in an essential oil for smell
Step 7: Wait for the wax to dry, and after a couple hours cut the excess wick and light your brand new candle.