DIY: HOLIDAY TIME
By: Emma De Los Santos
Are you ever bored, and tired of sitting around doing nothing? Well this DIY is fun, creative, and simple.
The only supplies you need are:
- White pipe cleaner
- A pair of scissors
- Boiling water
- Mason jars (or any type of jar)
- A small piece of string
- A pencil
This is a DIY that only takes a few minutes, but it won’t be complete until you let it sit overnight. Follow these directions and you will have a excellent snowflake the next day.
- Take your white pipe cleaner and cut it into thirds
- Take 2 of the pieces and make them into an X, then wrap one around the other, do the same for the other piece to make it into a snowflake shape
- Take a small piece of string and tie it to the end of one side of the snowflake, then tie the other side of the string to a pencil
- Measure out the snowflake but hanging it in the jar with the pencil resting on top, make sure the ends of the snowflake are not touching the sides or bottom of the mason jar (you can trim the ends some)
- Once it is the perfect fit take the snowflake out
- Put boiling water in the mason jar, then add 6T (tablespoons) of borax if the jar is 1 pint, add 12T (tablespoons) if the jar is 1 quart
- Stir the mixture until it is dissolved
- Put the snowflake inside and then wait overnight or for a 12 hour period (the snowflake might need more or less time)
There you have it, an easy, quick, and perfect snowflake! Have a great WINTER!!