By Kenna Lee
Eat Mor Chikin!! Seem familiar? This saying is the iconic phrase that is featured on all Chick-Fil-A Kids Meals. The history of Chick-Fil-A dates back to the 1940s when Truett Cathy opened the Dwarf House in Hapeville, Georgia. When one of the country’s first chicken sandwiches were introduced there, Cathy decided to use the identical recipe to open the very first Chick-Fil-A in Atlanta in 1967.
It didn’t take long until this young fast-food restaurant catapulted to popularity. Cathy actually created his chicken sandwich as a result of too many chicken breasts being delivered to the Dwarf House in 1946. He decided to make chicken sandwiches using a fast-food method to offer a new option to his lunch patrons. Chick-Fil-A has almost made its way into all 50 states. Chick-Fil-A has yet to have restaurants in Alaska, Hawaii, and Vermont.
Chick-Fil-A Fun Facts:
- They are the largest buyer of Sunkist lemons in the world.
- They are the largest buyer of peanut oil in the country.
- Their waffle fries are the most popular item on the menu.
- Their Chicken Sandwich recipe is locked up in a vault in their headquarters in Atlanta.
- The Chick-Fil-A sauce is just a blend of other sauces: honey mustard, barbecue, and ranch.
- The restaurants make their pickles on-site.
- Chick-Fil-A helps its student employees go to college.
- They have a secret menu that consists of cheese fries, a double-decker sandwich, chicken quesadillas, and more.
- They make more money per restaurant than any other food chain.
Now, let’s see how well you know Chick-Fil-A!
- When was Chick-Fil-A officially founded?
- 1940 b. 1946 c. 1967 d. 2000
2. Where is the Chick-Fil-A headquarters?
- Atlanta b. Antarctica c. Texas d. Krypton
3. Fill in the blank:
The Chick-Fil-A sauce is a blend of ______ other sauces…
- Five million b. Three c. Fifteen d. Two
4. What oil does Chick-Fil-A buy the most?
- Peanut Oil b. Olive Oil c. Vegetable Oil d. Lavender Oil
5. What entrees are a part of Chick-Fil-A’s secret menu?
- Cheese Fries b. A Double-Decker Sandwich c. Chicken Quesadillas d. All of the above
6. What is the most popular food item on the Chick-Fil-A menu?
- Ice cream b. Milkshakes c. Waffle Fries d. Parfait
7. Who founded Chick-Fil-A?
- Mickey Mouse b. Truett Cathy c. Madonna d. Sam Walton
8. What did Cathy open back in the 1940s?
- Dwarf House b. Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry
c. Disneyland d. Yellowstone National Park
9. Who does Chick-Fil-A help?
- Student Employees b. Chickens c. Cows d. Farmers
10. Do you like Chick-Fil-A? (circle one, no right answer!!) 😀
YES!!! It’s good It’s okay NO!!!